ANIMAL CARE SPECIALIST
Responsible for maintaining a safe and sanitary facility for animals and people and providing humane handling and care for all center animals. Assures all animals’ nutrition, housing and basic medical needs are met on a daily basis.
- Feeding and watering animals in accordance with dietary needs and schedule.
- Exercising animals as schedules dictate.
- Administering medications as indicated by medical director (veterinarian).
- Monitoring and recording animal health and behavioral issues.
- Cleaning kennels and performs related housekeeping duties.
- Maintaining of kennel cards and other documentation as assigned.
- Playing and interacting with animals of all sizes and breeds both indoors and outdoors.
- Following all procedures as directed in a safe, efficient, and effective manner
- Cooperating with fellow employees, volunteers, patrons, management and public with honesty, integrity, respect, and professional manner.
- Complying willingly with all regulatory requirements, including federal, state, local, and organizational statutes or rules.
- Demonstrating job commitment through attendance and full completion of all assigned shifts.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent or related experience and/or training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Availability to work a flexible work schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Animal handling experience beneficial but not required
Must be able to lift heavy weight in excess of 50 lbs.
Move dogs of all sizes including dogs that are over 110 pounds.
Must be able to work with cleaning equipment and chemicals.
While performing this job, employees will be standing, walking and active for most of the time.
+/- $9.00/hr DOE
To Apply, complete the job application and email to: email@example.com